Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Workplace Etiquette

  1. #1
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure how many people that come here work in an office environment...so this may not apply to all...but I write this post to enquire about workplace etiquette or more appropriately workplace manners...I have a government job and I am in an office with 2 other individuals...both of which I get along with fairly well...and what I was wanting to know is if it is polite to burp repeatedly in the office...one of my office mates is an older man...50 or so...and he burps constantly...loud ones...not the ones you try to hold in and still make a sound...these are loud...people walking in the hall more than likely hear them...he does them as if he doesn't even realize what he is doing...is this o.k.?...

  2. #2
    Inactive Member cherriepez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well it is bad form but it wouldn't bother me...unless he has just eaten something with garlic or onions.

    I have definitely witnessed worse things in an office setting. Nose-picking, scab-picking...that kind of thing, but once you have had children nothing is too shocking.

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner ek3's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 2001
    Posts
    1,753
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    UPDATE:

    An incredible turn of events has taken place...the burper has fallen asleep!...that's right folks...he is sitting at his desk...head tilted back, sawing logs...how do I know this you ask?...because I hear him snoring!...people keep walking in looking for my other office mate...they see he isn't at his desk and turn around to ask the burper something and the same reaction comes out of all..."Hey...oh" and they walk out...this is incredible folks!...what will the burper do next...pee on himself...maybe eat his boogers...only time will tell...stay tuned!...

  4. #4
    Inactive Member CajunBabe's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 2002
    Posts
    1,178
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I wouldn't care if he burped as long as it didn't stink. Most times loud burps smell like chili though lmao!!

  5. #5
    Inactive Member cherriepez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 30th, 2002
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think its the quiet burps that have such a horrible stinch...like the silent farts. Those are so deadly. I have smelled some rank air that could be bottled, patented, and sold for biological weapons!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Gags*

  7. #7
    Inactive Member Lefty's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2000
    Posts
    2,892
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *Gags*

    Again.

    Why does everything always have to be about bodily functions?! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •